Travel example MID RANGE 8 DAYS TANZANIA (KATAVI, MAHALE, TANGANYIKA)
If you are looking for isolation and an exclusive wildlife experience, this eight-day safari is for you. Game drives with open 4x4, chimpanzee trekking, boat trip and game walk with an armed ranger are some of the activities.
DAY 1 - We will be picked up from Kilimanjaro airport or your guesthouse in Arusha today. The adventure already starts with a flight that takes about 4 hours. We stop to refuel in Tabora before arriving in Katavi National Park. Upon arrival at Katavi airstrip, you will be welcomed and there is a short connection to Chada Katavi Camp. Here you can enjoy lunch and we can settle down for the coming days.
DAY 2/3 - Katavi and this camp aims to really feel African.
Here you can explore it during walking safaris or game drives and night rides in open 4WD vehicles.
During these 2 days you can also choose to relax in your spacious and comfortable safari tent. Elephants are frequent visitors here, attracted to the same shady fruit trees you'd like to sit under yourself. In the distance you can often see huge herds of buffalo grazing.
The greatest spectacle, however, is given by the countless hippos ...
DAY 4 - Today we depart from Katavi towards Mahale on a short 25-minute flight, which will take us over the Mahale Mountains.
We land on the shores of Lake Tanganyika. Once you arrive in Mahale you will be met and transported on a dhow along the coastline.
While looking out for a backdrop of forested slopes, we cruise towards our lodge.
DAY 5/6/7 - While you start your day with a delicious breakfast, you will be briefed about the activity on the program for the next few days. Following one of the different Chimp families that reside in the area is one of them. Pole pole enjoying our guesthouse with the warm sandy beach or taking a dip in the cool pools of a waterfall are also possible.
Or with a kayak on the crystal-clear water ... the choice is yours.
DAY 8 - Wave goodbye to Greystoke Mahale as you cruise by boat to the runway, in time to catch your flight back North. This flight stops again in Tabora to refuel and then continues to Arusha. We will then take you to Kilimanjaro airport or to your next destination.
|8 days Katavi & Mahale||2 persons||4 persons||6 persons|
|high season (June-October)||8585 USD||6055 USD||4795 USD|
|low season (November-May)||7085 USD||5365 USD||4395 USD|
This is a travel and price example. For an exact price you will therefore have to contact us because since COVID-19 prices have fluctuated strongly, but this does not always have to be a disadvantage.
What is always included in the price anyway:
- all entrance fees to the national parks
- all game drives, game walk and boat trips
- all domestic flights and transfers to or from the airport
- the chimp tracking fees and permit
- all transport with English speaking guide / driver in a 4WD safari vehicle
- all meals and drinks listed (7x breakfast, 7x lunch and 7x dinner)
- always drinking water on board
- all overnight stays
What's not included:
- extra excursions, other meals, drinks and tips, personal expenses
- Tanzania visa (can be done online but also on the spot after landing, 50 USD cash per person)
- the international flight (to be arranged by yourself but we are happy to help you)
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) 25 USD per person
- vaccination costs
- travel and cancellation insurance
- an optional your native speaking guide or an English speaking private photographer