THE GREAT RIFT VALLEY TREK 4 NIGHTS and 5 DAYS
For two magical nights, camping under the stars and golden acacia trees, you will trek through the Rift Valley, with breathtaking views all around. The unique habitat of Lake Natron with its many Flamingos feeding and preening in fresh water streams is the end point where you can relax for another two nights.
For active types, Tanzania has a lot to offer and this is one of the most special (yet achievable) treks in East Africa.
Besides the amazing scenery, there is also the chance to witness the life of the Maasai in both Ngorongoro and Natron.
Day 1: Drive to Empakai + Empakai crater tour with overnight in camp.
Upon arrival at Empakai Crater, there is the option to descend into the crater. This is about 40 minutes downhill and depending on the season can be quite slippery but certainly a great walk with breathtaking views. For this we have to leave at 3 pm at the latest.
This region is very dry and it is easy to consume 3 liters of water per day.
Day 2: Trek to Leonotis Camp (16km) with overnight in camp.
Always a great sunrise at this place which is the sign to hang up our tour. While we have breakfast, our camp crew breaks camp and the donkeys are steamed ready to go with us to Natron. In the late afternoon, a hike to a nearby viewpoint is highly recommended for those who have still some strength to spare. This is THE place for great sundowners!
Day 3: Trek to Lake Natron Camp (12km hike + 14m drive) with overnight in Natron.
The last part of the hike has two options: a shorter hike or a longer, more strenuous option along the canyon wall. The views are spectacular with the active volcano Oldoinyo Lengai dominating the foreground.
Day 4: Relax and possibly participate in activities at Lake Natron Camp.
Lake Natron has a number of activities that are very easy to combine with morning walks and sundowners and in the middle of the day there is the nearby Ngare Sero Gorge that you can visit with even a long walk to the source or shorter walks to the falls.
There is 1 more night at the LAKE NATRON CAMP before we leave this region
prijs: 2000 euro per persoon
- Support vehicle
- WFR trained guide
- All meals full board
- Limited supply of red wine / beer / soft drinks
- Unlimited Tea / Coffee / Hot Chocolate
- Donkeys to carry guests' luggage to Natron
- 2 nights Expedition "Fly Camping"
- 2 nights Lake Natron camp
- 12 km car transfer to Lake Natron Camp
- Ngorongoro game drive fees up to the starting place
- Transfers there back
- NCAA entry fees and Empakai camping fees
- Additional ranger
- Gate fees Longido, Engaruka and Ngorongoro District
- Activity costs and village fees Ngare Sero
- TAWA - bed nights and registration Natron
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Any Lengai climbing fees (to be paid directly to the village)
- Any change of itinerary requiring a change of route or accommodation
- Articles of a personal nature
- Emergency evacuation costs (AMREF)